Tuesday, December 27, 2016

colt 45

12/26/16 45th open mic

Yep, I read two jokes I basically had them memorized but I wanted to make sure I said them correctly.  The one about an incident after a Cleveland Indians game (in Cleveland) has always been a weak joke, not sure how to fix it.  Funny how short the thing is (120+ words) and how hard it has been to memorize.  The other joke about a coworker that we dubbed "mr. serious" had a strong opening and ending but the middle was blah.  I rewrote that one and added close to 50 words to it after I got home from the open mic last night.  I'm hoping that its fixed.  Then I screwed up another joke.  Finally I did anger issues the joke that tells you why if your mad at your father you shouldn't wait till he's dead to resolve things.  Overall a crappy set.

next week I'll probably record my set as long as I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment