Monday, November 30, 2015

thanksgiving

November 26, 2015

So I performed some comedy for some friends at a thanksgiving meal, it was interesting.  Since it was a different type of crowd.  They laughed at different jokes than people laugh at, when I perform at comedy open mics. 

In addition, my comedy writing is fine, I don't need a baseless comment about it from a person who isn't a comic or a member of the church and who hasn't ever gone on a stage and performed original material.  The fact is if people don't laugh at one or more of my jokes at a church and it kills in a secular environment which is the case for most of the material I performed.  The problem isn't me or my writing its the audience.  My performing needs work not my writing.  Trust me my style is different from everybody else, and that will benefit me greatly in the future.  I was glad that the person who did this wasn't a regular attender at the church I attend and if it would have been somebody who goes to svc.  I would have talked to them instead of writing such a long post.

If this would have happened after a performance at a bar.  I would be more likely to listen.

I want to thank everybody who laughed and listened on thanksgiving.  I'm planning on doing this again in the future.

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment